Welcome to Year 5's class page!
Welcome to Year 5's Class page! I am Mr Cornall, the Year 5 class teacher. Throughout Year Five we have lots of fascinating topics to learn about, where the children will develop a whole range of skills. Within the class, we have a moto: It is not about being the best it is about being the best that we can be. All I ask of the children is that they approach every task, whether it is one they feel confident about or one that the find challenging, with the same positive, determined attitude to do their best.
On our class page, you will find lots of useful information, such as what we are learning in the current term and links to lots of helpful websites/games to enhance your child's learning. If your child happens to become ill and/or is unable to attend school, there is also a link below to 'Remote Learning' which will ensure your child keeps up to date with their learning whilst away from school.
If you have any questions or would like support with your child's learning, please send me a message via Class Dojo and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Important points of notice:
- The teaching team in our class along with myself is Miss Fitzpatrick, who will be supporting the children in their learning and Mr Bayliff, who teaches the class P.E. on a Wednesday afternoon.
- For our PE lessons on a Wednesday afternoon, please ensure the children come to school in their PE kits. This term we will be learning cricket skills.
- Reading books will be collected in every Friday and a new reading book will be issued the following Monday. Please make sure your child is reading for at least twenty minutes a night. Ideally with yourself so you can ask questions about what they are reading.
- Spellings will be sent via Class Dojo every Friday. The following Friday the children will have a spelling test. These spellings will include twelve words, which follow the spelling patterns and Year Five words focussed on in class for that week.
- Times Tables. All the children should have a Times tables Rockstars log in. Please ensure the children are using it regularly to improve their recall and speed. We will be having a times tables test every Friday.
- Homework will be sent out each week through Google Classroom. We will inform you when this is operating. The homework will be the maths skills practiced in the week as well as reading or grammar tasks. This will be given out on a Friday to be completed by the following Friday. We ask that you support us by ensuring that all homework is completed to help the children with their learning.