Welcome to Year 4's Class Page!
Welcome to Year 4's Class page! I am Miss Morgan, the Year 4 class teacher. On our class page, you will find lots of useful information, such as what we are learning in the current term and links to lots of helpful websites/games to enhance your child's learning. If your child happens to become ill and/or is unable to attend school, there is also a link above to 'Remote Learning' which will ensure your child keeps up to date with their learning whilst away from school.
If you have any questions or would like support with your child's learning, please send me a message via Class Dojo and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Important points of notice:
- Our lovely teaching assistants, Mrs Dunleavy and Mr French, are in our class most days to help us along our learning journey. Mrs Dunleavy will be teaching Year 4 every Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon.
- Each week we will have PE on a Wednesday so please ensure the children come to school in their PE kits. This term we will be learning how to play tag rugby.
- Reading books will be collected in every Friday and a new reading book will be issued the following Monday.
- Spellings will be sent via Class Dojo every Friday. The following Friday the children will have a spelling test. These spellings will include 10 words which follow the spelling patterns/alternate spellings focussed on in class for that week and 2 of the Y4 common exception words.
- Homework will be sent out each week through Google Classroom. We will inform you when this is operating. The homework will be the maths skills practiced in the week as well as reading or SPAG tasks. This will be given out on a Friday to be completed by the following Friday. We ask that you support us by ensuring that all homework is completed to help the children with their learning.
STATUTORY TESTING IN Y4
Y4 sit the Multiplication Tables Check. This will take place in June 2021.
Here are some websites and resources you may find useful. Feel free to explore them and use them as you wish.